- The moment a man stops dreaming is the moment he petrifies - inside…
- I begin to feel like most Americans don’t understand the First Amendment, don’t understand the idea of freedom of speech, and don’t understand that it’s the responsibility of the citizen to speak out.
- Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.
- Every great film should seem new every time you see it.
- No matter what they’re charging to get in, it’s worth more to get out.
- To say that George Lucas cannot write a love scene is an understatement; greeting cards have expressed more passion.
- If you have to ask what it symbolizes, it didn’t.
- No good film is too long and no bad movie is short enough.
- I know death is coming, and I do not fear it. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. I am grateful for the gifts of intelligence, love, wonder and laughter. You can’t say it wasn’t interesting.
- …thank you for going on this journey with me. I’ll see you at the movies.
"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."
"When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and that TV has merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well trained."
"I’d also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once. Would it work? Would people do it? I have no idea; all I can say is that both these things would be more effective than banning rifles with pistol grips."